Suite of APEC FSCF and PTIN Events
Date: April 10-13, 2013
Location: Surabaya, Indonesia
From April 10-13, 2013, a suite of events were held in Surabaya, Indonesia. These included an SME workshop on food safety best practices, a meeting of the Partnership Training Institute Network Steering Group, a discussion on best approaches for risk management, a Workshop on Incident Management, and a meeting of the Food Safety Cooperation Forum which were held on the margins of the APEC second Senior Officials Meeting (SOM 2). See the following Surabaya Statement with outcomes from the meeting.
- SME Workshop on Food Safety Best Practices, April 10
- PTIN Steering Group Meeting, April 11: On the margins of every FSCF and more often as needed, representatives of the PTIN Steering Group meet to discuss capacity building priorities and activities in risk analysis, incident management, supply chain management, laboratory capacity building, and food safety regulatory systems.
- Discussion on Best Approaches for Risk Analysis, April 11
- Food Safety Incident Network Seminar, April 12: In 2011, the FSCF noted the need to share information on emerging food safety issues and communication during food safety emergencies. Australia will organize a seminar to implement a food safety incident management network for the Asia Pacific region building on the work of INFOSAN. The seminar will bring together a core group of incident management specialists to develop the scope, role, and functions of the network.
- Food Safety Cooperation Forum, April 13: Once every two years APEC food safety regulators meet to assess progress in building regional capacity in the FSCF's four identified priorities areas: 1) food safety regulatory systems; 2) food inspection and certification systems; 3) technical skills and human resource capacity; and 4) information sharing and communication networks. The FSCF is the only opportunity for the leaders of APEC's food safety regulatory agencies to meet and agree on collaborative efforts to build a robust regional food safety system.
- May 15-16, 2023, APEC Food Safety Cooperation Forum (FSCF) PTIN Workshop on Risk Communication Related to Maximum Residue Limits (MRLs), Detroit, Michigan
- May 17, 2023 FSCF PTIN Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) and Laboratory Capacity Building of Environmental Testing for Foodborne Pathogens Workshop, Detroit, Michigan
- May 18, 2023 FSCF Public Private Innovation Dialogue, Detroit, Michigan
- May 19 2023, FSCF Conference, Detroit, Michigan
- FSCF PTIN Pesticide MRL Harmonization: A Trade Facilitative Approach to MRL Compliance, December 16-17, 2020, Virtual
- FSCF PTIN Success Stories from FSCF Export Certificate Reductions, Expected February 2021, Virtual
- FSCF PTIN Sanitary Phytosanitary (SPS) Document Digitalization, What Industry and Government Need: Three Seminars to Collect Perspectives on E-Certification in the Past and Future, Expected Spring 2021, Virtual
- FSCF PTIN Whole Genome Sequencing: Laboratory Capacity Building for Environmental Food Safety Testing Workstream
- Virtual Awareness Webinars in early 2021,
- How WGS has revolutionized food safety: from environmental sampling to foodborne disease prevention, response, and mitigation, May 2021, Virtual
- Sub-Regional In-Lab Trainings, July 2021-October 2022,
- Teach-Forward by Training Participants, September 2021-December 2022
- Workshop for Food Safety Experts and Policymakers, presentations by ToTs, May 2023
- Food Safety Cooperation Forum, 2021, Virtual
- FSCF Partnership Training Institute Network Steering Group, 2021, Virtual
Virtual FSCF Framework on Risk Communication, Workshop 2
December 2-3, 2020
Virtual FSCF Framework on Risk Communication, Workshop 1
July 24, 2020